Sunday, June 7, 2009

Presentations...

Tonight I had my 5th speaking opportunity so far, sharing about my trip with the "Wesley Cell" group at my church (mostly retired folks - they host anyone who has gone on any kind of trip!). It was very encouraging. In all my presentations, I keep waiting for people to challenge/argue with me. But it always seems that people are very receptive. One gentleman came up afterward and told me, "I'm a conscientious objector. I'm a Mennonite... well, I was a Mennonite." And we had a good conversation about peacemaking and evangelism (how sometimes one is neglected for the sake of the other), and about his experiences during the war (he worked in a mental health hospital). He is very sweet, and it's kind of sad because he and his wife are having their 60th anniversary this year, but she has alzheimers. It was just a neat opportunity to get to know someone in my church, and really everyone in the room was affirming to me. Several people made mention of me going back again... and although I don't know yet, it's nice to know that people are supportive of me if I do go.
Well, one more scheduled presentation to go, and a couple yet to be scheduled... I'm so thankful for each chance I get to share, and for every person who listens and cares about what they hear.

No comments: