Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's Coming!

Someone told me that the reality of my trip would really sink in when I have my plane ticket in my hand. Well, I did get the reservation slip - and it did hit pretty hard - but lots of things have been gradually adding to the sense of "Oh wow, I'm actually going there!"

Lately I have also had a growing sense of gratefulness for the generosity of those who are contributing to the cost of my trip. A couple of times a check came in the mail, bringing me nearly to tears. I think it's so amazing, because I believe God is the one inspiring the hearts of people to give toward His work, and it's exciting to see people living in obedience to His lead.

----

Sunday in Chicago, Jake and I had lunch with some of his co-workers from World Relief, including a Palestinian man who grew up in Jordan. He told about his experiences of traveling from Jordan to Hebron every summer, and how a relatively short (by distance) journey would take from 3 a.m. until late at night - on a good day. He described the vehicles, roads, checkpoints, and Israeli authorities they had to deal with at every point along the way. He gave me some general information about the areas where I'll be going, as well as some commentary on Israeli politics, and even offered to give me phone numbers of people he knows in Hebron in case I need anything while I'm there - awesome!

----

You can pray for...
  • Me as I read through my orientation packet and extra readings this week
  • Char, our delegation leader, as she organizes our team and prepares for our trip

No comments: